The team over at Fab Friday have posted a clean and simple sketch for their challenge this time. It was just what I needed for this special thank you card for my aunt who has, once again, shown what a generous “I’ll do anything for those I love” person she is.
She also has a great sense of humor…
Cow from “Over the Moon” and letters for sentiment “Labeler Alphabet” by Stampin’ Up!
Simon Says Stamp recently released a beautiful floral set with a variety of sentiments and images. I really like that the flowers are large enough to color easily, already provide some detail and are also already in containers. In case you are interested, the set was part of the 2018 August kit, which also included cardstock, embellishments and project ideas. (I am not an affiliate, just a fan!)
The background paper inspired my Copic color choices (above). I went with a red rose to help it pop off the background a bit. I enjoyed coloring it so much, I tried again with slightly different color choices:
This second card is almost a direct copy of a card shared by Cindy Norberg on an idea sheet that came in the kit. I went with different colors and embellishments but kept the layout nearly the same. I’m looking forward to creating another with softer colors, perhaps to have a sympathy card on-hand.
Thanks for stopping by!
Notes: flower & vase images were fussy cut, pearls and enamel dots by Stampin’ Up!
Hi everyone! The SRC has another great blog hop set up for you, this one using the new Tropical Chic stamp set from the 2018-2019 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. There are some great framelits to go along with this set, too. Be sure to visit the other stops on the hop for lots of ideas to create and share!
My first card was made using only the seed image in the set. Although they do look like the seeds our Pygmy Date Palm drops, for some reason I thought of a delicious summer-time treat – watermelon! The seeds were heat embossed onto Poppy Parade cardstock to keep the look fresh and vibrant.
For this next card, I changed track and went coastal. Palm fronds were heat embossed on watercolor paper, then I added a wash of watercolor in both blues and greens over the entire panel. To finish it off, I added a couple of die-cut palm fronds from the coordinating framelit set; there’s a second part to this framelit that will cut out the stamped image if you wish.
The tiny pearls were lightly colored using an alcohol-based marker. The sentiment is also from this stamp set and comes as one longer sentiment. I don’t do stamp surgery often, but I know I will use this one in segments more than together. The “love & thanks” part will probably see a lot of ink on it’s own 🙂